[Operators] public XMPP service: jabber.i-pobox.net, xmppnet.de pp.

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Apr 6 13:27:55 CDT 2009

On 4/6/09 11:47 AM, Michael Grigutsch wrote:
> Hi Peter!
>
> Peter Saint-Andre schrieb:
>
>> 2. It will clutter up the list quite a bit to add all those domains
>> (which I suppose is fine, but it's more for the end user to sift through).
>>
>> 3. Does it make sense to note in the list that, say, climm.org is hosted
>> by i-pobox.net? Or do we treat each virtual host as its own independent
>> entity?
>
> Maybe you just need another field "additional domains" and list the server just under the
> main domain?

I now think it's best to list each domain separately (not as add-ons to
i-pobox.net). From the perspective of a connecting client or server, it
doesn't really matter that climm.org is hosted by i-pobox.net. However,
the description can say "climm.org is proudly hosted by i-pobox.net" or
whatever if that makes climm.org or i-pobox.net happy. :)

To be clear, this issue is not limited to i-pobox.net, you are just the
first one to bring it up.