[Operators] google talk muc invitations

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:57:45 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Leonid Evdokimov <leon at darkk.net.ru> wrote:

> I would like to know if the trouble with registering at various jabber
> transports is caused by the same idea: "official Google Talk client does
> not support that — let's just drop stanzas going to any other client".
>

> I may also assume, that these limitations on transports usage are caused
> by some legal limitations, but the answer of Google Employee at the
> thread describing the issue[1] was too vague to confirm/deny the assumption.

The problem is more general indeed. It seems that GTalk has problems
handling jids which are not like email addresses, i.e. all server
components. This makes impossible to add them to the contact list and
deliver presence, problems with transports are just a side effect.

> I can provide all relevant traffic dumps (both s2s and client-to-gmail).
> Feel free to contact me if you need them.

Me too

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com