[Operators] google talk muc invitations

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:26:10 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Justin Uberti <juberti at google.com> wrote:
> Please send us a specific description of the steps to reproduce the 2
> problems mentioned and we can take a look. There have been a number of
> recent changes in how addressing is handled on the Google Talk service, and
> it's possible that some of these changes had side effects.

First issue, MUC join:
- login into gtalk using psi (or any other opensource client supporting MUCs)
- login into a second jabber server  providing MUCs (eg. jabber.org)
and join to a groupchat
- from that groupchat send an invitation to the first contact
- if will receive something like this, where the original invitation
payload has been stripped out

<message from="yyyy at conference.jabber.org" type="chat" to="xxxx at gmail.com" >
Click here to join:
http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/joinpmuc?r=CkdEx3vD_SJVPzdYgaaHApE_6J0jqlX5JpkB_lqKJSBpuWDyFKWaJgSj3c_gvb3BENe3aFiR6hn-1bQp-Mkk_QfJy9i1fdO11xIMTj57EOVdSv2isHrMGAE&amp;si=1</body>
</message>

- Instead if you are logged in inside gmail, you just receive this "
xxx at jabber.bluendo.com/olindo invites you to the room
yyyy at conference.jabber.org""", with nothing clickable

Second bad behavior (also related to transports):
- login into a gtalk account using psi
- add a contact without the username part (e.g. fireeagle.com), which
is how usual transports are added (eg. msn.jabber.net)
- the server ignores the request
- try it with any other jabber server and it works

bye

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com