[Operators] How can I tell if gtalk thinks it authoritative for my XMPP domain?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jan 28 16:49:33 CST 2009

On Wed Jan 28 17:08:46 2009, Pedro Melo wrote:
> I believe that the last time this was discussed in this ML, Google
> added a check for SRV record before taking over the domain, but I
> could be wrong...

I reviewed the thread, and Adam Fass stated that while a check is
made when the domain is first added, it's not repeated if SRV records
are later added.

It's not clear if the initial check for a "federated domain" is done
by checking for existing SRV records, or by checking to see if an
XMPP service is active. (ie, actually connecting to SRV/A/AAAA as
appropriate).

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/