[Operators] Attention: spammer/virus circulator using MUC

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:41:33 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Florian Jensen <admin at flosoft.biz> wrote:

> On 12 Mar 2009, at 09:22, Fabio Forno wrote:
>
>> We are discussing about the role of jabber org. What about a pubsub
>> node where to publish addresses of spammers like these (they are
>> bugging our mucs too) so that bot moderators can block them?
>
> We had a small talk at the Summit about automated trust levels and reporting
> between servers, which would resolve these issues here easily.
>
> For now I am logging every registration, to see if I get some odd
> registrations.

Yep, now I remember that in group somebody discussed about it.  Imho
we should start with something very simple and centralized, just to
make it work: few trusted servers that con do the reporting, one
collector (jabber.org), and feed open to everybody

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com