[Operators] Attention: spammer/virus circulator using MUC

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:52:44 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Michael Grigutsch <migri at i-pobox.net> wrote:
> Fabio Forno writes:
>

>> We are discussing about the role of jabber org. What about a pubsub
>> node where to publish addresses of spammers like these (they are
>> bugging our mucs too) so that bot moderators can block them?
>
> Thats useless in this case.
> The abuser changes faster the account than anyone can put that jid on the
> list.

If it's all automatized only the first servers are affected (than
spammer is really obliged to make many new registration in order te be
able to spam, but in that case serevers can identify and block it)

> We have to find out the IP and to contact his ISP.

It's also easy to go round this if you are a real spammer and you use
attacked machines

> And we should contact googles abuse team as every redirect page is at
> blogspot.com

yep

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.