[Operators] Attention: spammer/virus circulator using MUC

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Sat Mar 14 21:31:12 CDT 2009

Mickael Remond wrote:
> Hello Pedro,
>
> Pedro Melo wrote:
>
>>> More details on:
>>> https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/XAAI/Fighting+Multi-User+Chat+SPAM+with+CAPTCHA
>> The link to the binary patch is broken.
>
> Thank you. It is fixed now.

Looks like there are two links to the binary patch on the page.  One was
fixed, but the other (under 'Patching the binary files') is still broken.

This looks good.  Has there been any thought to doing this with more
than just numbers?

I'm really glad to see the web-based fallback.  I was worried only users
with new enough clients would be able to access the MUCs.

I noticed in your TKabber example that the user sees the OCR popup as
well as the link to the web fallback.   Is there a way to make sure the
user only sees one?  Or is this something that needs to be cleaned up in
the xep and/or client?   What happens if the user correctly does the OCR
popup in TKabber, then goes to the link and does it again?

Thanks,

Sean