[Operators] Please temporarily remove moo.im

Paul W paul at mcrides.co.nz
Sun Sep 13 16:15:37 CDT 2009

I'd be keen as !!!!

Share :)

Paul Willard
Web Site:        www.mcrides.co.nz
Where New Zealand motorcyclists go

-----Original Message-----
From: operators-bounces at xmpp.org [mailto:operators-bounces at xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of Matthew Wild
Sent: Thursday, 10 September 2009 12:51 a.m.
To: XMPP Operators Group
Subject: Re: [Operators] Please temporarily remove moo.im

Hey,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Timon Reinhard<timon at lizmo.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> due to massive spam/bot registrations I have disabled in-band registration
> for moo.im. It will take me some time to get an alternative registration
> (webform + captcha) running, so for the meantime, please remove moo.im
from
> the list of public XMMP services.

I'm curious... which data backend do you use on your server? If
postgres then the code for http://register.jabber.org/ may be helpful
to you, and it might give me the final kick needed for releasing it :)

My current plans are to have it use in-band registration to make it
work with any server. Then you can simply whitelist localhost for
registration in the server config.

Regards,
Matthew