[Operators] Rosters flood

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:07:12 CDT 2010

07.09.2010 18:22, Mathias Ertl wrote:
> I still think that _good_ anti-spam solutions now are vital to the
> XMPP community. The fact that XMPP has almost nothing to fight this,
> worries me greatly. In that respect XMPP is not superior to email at
> all :-(
>
> greetings, Mati

I think in the first we all should disable in-band registration on our
servers. I really think we need to block servers with in-band
registration enabled on jabber.ru :(
Regarding spam: in my case this is not actually spam, but flood. So
content filtration will not work in my case: bots can send "Hi" or
"Hello" or any meaningless messages to bypass such filters.

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.