[Operators] Services list maintainance

Waqas Hussain waqas20 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:44:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 4/12/11 3:38 PM, Paul Staroch wrote:

>>> As I recall, some clients (e.g., Pidgin) use the lat/lon to show a fancy
>>> interface for choosing a server for registration purposes. But it would
>>> be good to verify that they still do so. I'll ping their dev list.
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>

>> Don't these clients use the XML data at
>> http://xmpp.org/services/services-full.xml?
>
> Correct, but we'll start auto-generating that XML file from the data in
> the WordPress database, I think. Still to be determined...
>
> Peter

Here's a bit of XSL to generate XML from the wordpress page:
https://gist.github.com/916477

By the way, am I the only one who feels bad about generating XML from
the wordpress data rather than the other way around?

I was in fact thinking of suggesting extending the XML data.
Particularly it should specify whether a service supports IBR, and a
link to a registration web page if it doesn't.

--
Waqas Hussain