[Operators] fallback, gmail and s2s

Marco Cirillo maranda at lightwitch.org
Wed Apr 27 10:07:06 UTC 2011

Il 27/04/2011 04:07, sergio ha scritto:
> On 04/27/2011 05:58 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
>> At jabber.org we turned off the _jabber record about 5 years ago and we
>> never heard a complaint.
>
> hermes.jabber.org and jabber.org have the same ip: 208.68.163.220
>
> Really ejabberd14 goes to jabber.org, not to hermes.jabber.org.
>
> If you'll chage hermes's ip of remove A for jabber.org you'll get
> problmes with jabberd14 users.

Out of curiousity, this morning I have been digging a bit on this,
It took awhile to find a server actually running "jabberd14" and it
seemed to be able to dialback finely to lightwitch.org which A record
doesn't point to the xmpp server.

Perhaps something is amiss here? (As long as jabberd14 doesn't cache the
address of the inc. s2s to initiate the outgoing one or some similar
voodoo...)