[Operators] Gmail federation

Juan Pablo Carlino jpcarlino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:50:32 UTC 2012

Hello,

during the last three months i've experienced an intermittent problem to
federate with google.com. Actually this is a common problem if you browse
the web in search for this issue -there are several old threads reporting
the same, until some magic happens on Google side and everything goes back
to the expected behaviour-. But this time, the strange thing is that some
of the virtual hosts i manage on my ejabberd 2.1 server can federate fine,
while others don't. Moreover, these domains with problems later can do s2s
fine with Google, without any change on my side.
The symptom is always the same: during s2s handshake the outgoing
connection from my server closes by timeout waiting for a reply from Google
on the wait_for_validation state. But i don't see why some domains remain
unaffected while others don't.
If anybody is experiencing the same issue i would be glad to know about it.

Regards,

Juan Pablo