[Operators] Finally *fix* the list-issue

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Mon Jan 16 19:40:09 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-16 19:45, Peter Viskup wrote:
> Xmpp.org maintainers could probably post request for writing this
> list-automation application for them, based on information about
> environment they are running.

You should check the archives. This happened multiple times already. A
month ago there even was a request to install something on xmpp.org, but
apart from brainstorming of some new XMPP standard by stpeter, there was
no reaction.

> We saw that there are experienced people which are willing to help with
> this.
>
> Looking forward to see updated list on xmpp.org soon, but till then I am
> happy with list.jabber.at.

I think the reactions to my list did show there is a need for such a
list. I think its perfectly human. I run a free jabber-server in my
spare-time, I invest some time into it. I think its fair to want to have
your server linked somewhere prominently.

FYI, there now are already over 30 servers public on my list. Several
servers corrected problems (missing SRV records, etc.) because of the
reports. So even if I turn the list off now, we already had some
benefit, IMHO :-)

greetings, Mati

--
twitter: @mathiasertl | soup: http://soup.er.tl | xing: Mathias Ertl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!