[Operators] Finally *fix* the list-issue

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Sat Jan 28 14:41:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just wanted to let you admins know that we improved on our list
	https://list.jabber.at
quite a bit during my initial mail.

* By clicking on the status icon in the 'my servers' view, you now get a
detailed overview of how the verification went. In particular, error
messages are much more detailed (example: Previously, you only got
"could not connect to one or more hosts, now you get exactly what host
was offline).
* Unicode domains are now supported.
* The API can now output in the XML format used by many clients.

A short status update:

(a) 65 servers in total have been added.
(b) 48 servers are shown on the front-page
(c) 17 servers did not pass our verification tests:
    (c.1) 6 servers do not have SRV records defined
    (c.2) 5 servers do not work with SSL (but a port was specified)
    (c.3) most other servers have some issue with their SSL/TLS
          connectivity (i.e. wrong CA).

greetings, Mati

--
twitter: @mathiasertl | soup: http://soup.er.tl | xing: Mathias Ertl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!