[Operators] public XMPP service: forumanalogue.fr

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:40:14 UTC 2012

Please see http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/operators/2012-January/001277.html

> The list currently lacks a lot of new servers and includes services that
> are not available for free registration anymore. Hence, this situation
> casts a really bad light on the work of XSF.

Thankfully the work of the XSF is not primarily in managing lists of
public XMPP services.

I think at this point the list on xmpp.org should be taken down, and
replaced with links to third-party lists. The XSF simply appears to
not have the resources to manage this. Please do not blame Peter, or
assume a lack of "interest" from him, if you know anything about the
workings of the XSF then you will know he is extremely busy.
Volunteers were taken on to maintain the list, but apparently that did
not work out either.

Let's please just pick up the positive pieces of this situation and
move on with them.

Regards,
Matthew