[Operators] The Google issue

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Dec 6 14:46:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 10:59:40AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Ideally, Google would decide to either shut off federation with the
> XMPP network entirely or at least support unauthenticated TLS for
> server-to-server connections. The limbo we're in is unfortunate.

I know this has come up before, but is there anyone within Google we
can ask to shed some light on Google's long-term intentions?

My gut feeling is that the only reason Google Talk (ie federated S2S) is
still around is that their corporate Google Apps users objected quite
loudly, but they still haven't said anything about what they intend to
do to address that (not insignificant) userbase's needs.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^