[Operators] Gmail federation

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Fri Jan 11 12:40:23 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-11 13:13, Björn Kempén wrote:
> We do not currently support TLS on our s2s connections, so that's currently
> not expected to work.

Why not? Will this issue be fixed soon?

Its not like Google hasn't been pushing for SSL-only its major services
including Gmail. This was a big step forward. And now Google Talk users
are forced to chat using unencrypted connections?

I consider this a bug on your side, TLS is a required feature for
s2s-connections. Please fix the issue, as you are currently blocking
XMPP federation with my and other servers (see old posts from current
thread).

greetings, Mati

--
twitter: @mathiasertl | soup: http://soup.er.tl | xing: Mathias Ertl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!