[Operators] google abandoning XMPP??

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Wed May 22 14:52:42 UTC 2013

Google failed to note the correlation of the drop in federated XMPP
connections with the fact that Google Apps (which internally federates
its hosted domains) and Office 365 (which doesn't support XMPP
federation) are gobbling up the market as organizations move to the cloud.

Oh well ... it always troubled me that people trusted Google's support
for open protocols as somehow permanent to the nature of the company.

Jesse