[Operators] spam resistance (was: Re: google abandoning XMPP??)

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Thu May 23 23:03:19 UTC 2013

On Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:50:19 PM Justin Uberti wrote:
> I just realized my statement could be parsed 2 different ways. To be clear:
> it is sad that spammers were more willing to adopt XMPP* than other IM
> networks were willing to*. Believe me, we tried.

Other IM networks continue to use XMPP. I will personally recommend everyone I
know stop using Google Talk ASAP if Google plans to drop standards
compatibility. This behaviour is unacceptable and clearly falls in the "evil"
category. Just because AOL, MSN, etc are okay with being evil, does not mean
Google needs to follow suit.

Luke