[Operators] Google still broken externally?

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 25 13:32:23 UTC 2013

Ugh, I hope that they don't stall half-way between this transition off
of XMPP the same way that Google stalled their "conflicting accounts"
transition (which is still causing complaints from our users).

As much as it sucks that Google is abandoning XMPP, at least we will
have the option to enable Hangouts in our Google Apps organization
without causing a conflict with our XMPP service.  But if they don't
complete the transition, then everyone loses.

Jesse