[Operators] Google status?

David Holl david at ad5ey.net
Wed Aug 13 19:34:07 UTC 2014

I like the idea of the server-side kludge, never mind that it is ugly to
implement such a special case.  But we can holy war some other time
about what's uglier Google's broken implementation, or the value in
raising awareness of the issues at hand...

Server-side Prosody plugin, anyone?  :-)  [Hey, it is just Lua...  "What
could possible go wrong?"  Either leave the plugin disabled by default
or enabled by default, but let the local sys-admin comment or uncomment
the relevant line in the config file if their opinion differs...]

Are there any better ideas for dealing with this user "experience" when
naively attempting to chat with a Google Hangouts user?