[Operators] transitive federations?

Hiers, David David.Hiers at adp.com
Tue Aug 19 15:23:02 UTC 2014

Hi,
Are XMPP federation transitive?  In other words, if A federates with B, and B federates with C, can A send traffic to C through B?

I can't find anything in the RFCs, XEPs, or vendor docs that permit this kind of transitive federation, but I'm not yet convinced that I've read everything that there is to read.

Thanks!

David