[Operators] The Google issue

Andreas Kuckartz a.kuckartz at ping.de
Thu Jan 2 11:50:56 UTC 2014

Peter Saint-Andre:
> On 12/6/13 7:46 AM, Solomon Peachy wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 10:59:40AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre
>> wrote:
>>> Ideally, Google would decide to either shut off federation
>>> with the XMPP network entirely or at least support
>>> unauthenticated TLS for server-to-server connections. The limbo
>>> we're in is unfortunate.
>
>> I know this has come up before, but is there anyone within
>> Google we can ask to shed some light on Google's long-term
>> intentions?
>
> Some of us have reached out directly. Conversations are ongoing.

Any results ?

I wonder what will happen on Saturday:

"January 4, 2014 - first test day requiring encryption"
https://github.com/stpeter/manifesto/blob/master/manifesto.txt

I hope that the people in charge at Google are aware that not
supporting this effort perhaps would result in a smaller or larger PR
disaster.

Cheers,
Andreas