[Operators] Chatme.im to prosody

Waqas Hussain waqas20 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:52:55 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Leho Kraav <leho at kraav.com> wrote:
> On 04.01.2014 20:34, Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> We are migrated chatme.im from openfire to prosody MySQL, about 50k users.
>>
>> Thank you prosody team
>>

> This is interesting. What other platform alternatives did you consider?
>
> I'm also considering OpenFire -> something move, because for one crucial
> feature OpenFire doesn't support being logged in with multiple resources.
> http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-103 seems completely dead for
> years.
>
> For me, seems that picking and setting up on Java development stack is much
> too big of a barrier to do anything helpful on my own.

Prosody was the first server to allow multiple resources behind a
single nick (AFAIK, I implemented it in Prosody). I think the ejabberd
folks were looking into implementing that, but not sure what their
progress is.

Switching servers isn't hard, migration scripts would have you up and
running quickly. The main thing you'll miss from Openfire is the
web-based admin console.

--
Waqas Hussain