[Operators] Chatme.im to prosody

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Sun Jan 5 20:21:35 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Waqas Hussain <waqas20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Prosody was the first server to allow multiple resources behind a
> single nick (AFAIK, I implemented it in Prosody). I think the ejabberd
> folks were looking into implementing that, but not sure what their
> progress is.

Yes, you beat my implementation in Isode's M-Link by several months, I
think.

> Switching servers isn't hard, migration scripts would have you up and
> running quickly. The main thing you'll miss from Openfire is the
> web-based admin console.

Various other servers have "pretty" admin tools; I think ejabberd has
paid-for tools from Process One, and Isode's M-Link (entirely pay-for) has
admin tools included.

(Disclosure: I used to work for Isode, and remain a tiny shareholder)

Dave.