[Operators] May 19th - Permanent encrypted XMPP network and Open Discussion Day

Nikolaus Polak mail at nikolauspolak.info
Mon May 19 09:08:19 UTC 2014

Hi all,

linuxlovers.at and 0nl1ne.at skipped the last test day, but now we're
enforcing TLS too :)

Zitat von Simon Tennant <simon at buddycloud.com>:
> One problem I have noticed:
>
>    - domains that use CACert certificates are problematic.
>
> Probably due to cacert being dropped from the trust chain. The site in
> question went to a different registrar and everything works now.
The problem seems to be the combination of: on one side new/2014 CaCert
certificate and on the other side a server, which can't read the new
certificates signed with SHA-512.
Thats why 0nl1ne.at uses now a self-signed certificate, see for example
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/operators/2014-April/002272.html

Thanks for the reminder!
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards,
Nikolaus Polak - http://nikolauspolak.info