[Operators] May 19th - Permanent encrypted XMPP network and Open Discussion Day

Robert Norris robn at fastmail.fm
Tue May 20 07:12:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014, at 06:13 AM, Ludovic BOCQUET wrote:
> Do not forget to force encryption for S2S and C2S for have all encrypted
> connections, after this the XMPP network will be more secure.

Somewhat late to the party but FastMail now has working
STARTTLS+dialback for S2S. We offer STARTTLS and use it where offered,
but we're not enforcing it.

For anyone still running DJabberd and finding the entire network has
gone dark, you may like to try this patch:

  https://github.com/fastmail/DJabberd/commit/144c4431f36e5ea371aeeaa4692f6d81fae196ff

Cheers,
Rob N
FastMail.