[Operators] Annoying spam

A a at creep.im
Wed Nov 11 10:06:55 UTC 2015

I thinkthe problemmay not be resolved by blocking IP's, subnets, JID's,
servers etc. on a per-administrator basis.

What we needis some kind of (de)centralized semi-automatically populated
storage of aforementioned entities, which can be automatically used by
servers (through the use of modules etc.). Administrators should be able
to easily add entries to this storage and it should be able to fill
itself when some message pattern matches something.

This sudden surge of spam should not undermine XMPP network and it
should not force server administrators to disable free registrations. I
believe that free and simple registration process is a prominent and
crucial XMPP feature. Let's not let spammers to destroy it.