[Operators] xmpp.net outage

aszlig aszlig at redmoonstudios.org
Fri Oct 9 08:23:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 07:15:04AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre - &yet wrote:
> Yes, in the longer term I would like us (me and Thijs) to document
> how the service is built so that it can be mirrored. It's not that
> complicated and it would be great to have the operation of the
> service be more open anyway!

I have replicated it to some extent but only for CI testing of my own
deployment, see here for the code:

https://github.com/headcounter/deployment/tree/master/pkgs/xmppoke
https://github.com/headcounter/deployment/tree/master/tests/headcounter

And the resulting test build:

https://headcounter.org/hydra/job/headcounter/deployment/tests.headcounter.vhosts.headcounter/latest

And the reports (also accessible from the build status page above):

https://headcounter.org/hydra/job/headcounter/deployment/tests.headcounter.vhosts.headcounter/latest/download/1/xmppoke/client.html
https://headcounter.org/hydra/job/headcounter/deployment/tests.headcounter.vhosts.headcounter/latest/download/2/xmppoke/server.html

However, it's currently however only testing my own NixOps deployment in
a pure environment (eg. no networking), rather than running as a full
service. But it's easy to transform the Nix expressions to a full
service, so let me know if NixOS would be an option so I can make a
fully reproducible deployment out of it.

a!
--
aszlig
Universal dilettante