[Operators] Announce: Jabber Spam Fighting Manifesto (for public servers)

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Thu Feb 8 14:57:53 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 03:31:46PM +0100, Jan Pinkas wrote:
> SMS are not free of charge service. This is maybe reason, why there is
> SMS-SPAM not work. Still i get many SMS messages, which i don't requested.
> Sorry, but SMS is not good example. Period.

That's fine.  Assume I said WhatsApp instead of SMS (per the other response to this thread I just made).  The argument still holds.  There are lots of existing IM services that don't require a user be part of your contact list in order to receive messages from them, and there are good reasons that XMPP servers should do the same.

Denver
https://jmp.chat/