[Operators] Announce: Jabber Spam Fighting Manifesto (for public servers)

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:15:46 UTC 2018

Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:39:23 +0000
Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> Is that the case right now? It wasn't clear that the textual portion
> of stream errors ever gets anywhere. I don't think it's commonly
> logged.

Just for clarification: it's now logged by ejabberd in a very
user-friendly manner and also the stream:error's <text/> gets copied
into <text/> of an error stanza being bounced. So, in order not to
notice it, you should either don't read log of your server (do we need
such servers is another question) or use a client which doesn't render
error text at all.