[Security] XTLS

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed Mar 21 16:57:19 CDT 2007

Hi Justin!

Justin Karneges schrieb:
> TLS protects a bytestream of data.  We haven't defined what would be inside of
> this stream, but anyway this stream needs to be transported over XMPP as a
> series of stanzas.  I only suggest IBB as the transport because you'll end up
> reinventing it anyway.  E.g. the difference wouldn't amount to much more than
> changing the element & namespace.

Wasn't IBB initialy just one of different types to connect two entities?
Couldn't we define XTLS generically on top of one of these bytestreams?
So XTLS could be done on IBB as well as on a direct connection between
two network entities.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56