[Security] Gajim 0.12's E2E encryption UI

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Aug 21 16:57:02 CDT 2008

Dirk Meyer wrote:

> I have some ideas how to fit that all into a userfriendly flow. I can
> write a XEP proposal about what happens on starttls tomorrow. But
> before I do that I have one question: can I add additional tags inside
> <starttls> and the <proceed>? Or is it a violation of the core? The
> tags would be completly optional so they won't break clients not
> supporting them.

The rule in XMPP is that if you receive XML qualified by a namespace you
don't undrestand, you ignore it. So either of these would be just fine:

<starttls xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'>
   <dirk xmlns='http://tzi.de/'/>
</starttls>

<proceed xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'>
   <psa xmlns='https://stpeter.im'/>
</proceed>