[Security] Reminder :: Draft feedback on "C2C authentication using TLS"

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Aug 27 06:13:15 CDT 2008

On Mon Aug 25 10:48:35 2008, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> The first one is to add the offer directly in disco#query:

XEP-0030 is Final, and doesn't allow that kind of extension, I'm
afraid. You can use extension forms if you need complex data, but
you're probably best off merely having a <feature
var='urn:xmpp:xmp:tlsauth'/> to advertise:

> We could also
> create our own query in the urn:xmpp:tmp:tlsauth namespace:

Which is much simpler, and saves worrying over how the TLS
authentication feature has been configured.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/