[Social] Minutes from Group Chat - 2008-04-02

anders conbere aconbere at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 16:55:27 CDT 2008

Agenda:
    Introduce folks and get a sense of what problems we want to solve;
set some priorities.

Log:
    http://logs.jabber.org/social@conference.jabber.org/2008-04-02.html

1) Introductions
    <note>Wow there are way more people here than I thought would show up</note>

    Participants:
        Andreas Ehn
        Anders Conbere (aconbere)
        Dallas[w]
        bard - Same Place
        Dave Cridland (Dave) - XSF
        Duck
        Florian Jensen - Flosoft
        hamen
        HarperReed (harper) - Threadless
        hellekin
        hellomatty - BBC
        Itay - SamePlace
        JMcA
        Johann Romefort - Seesmic
        Kev - Psi Project
        Mike Taylor (bear) - Seesmic
        nickvidal - ISS
        Peter Saint-Andre (stpeter) - XSF
        rgareus
        Ralph Meijer (ralphm) - Mediamatic
        rgareus - Mediamatic
        seth - FireEagle
        Tim Julien (timjulien)

2) Aggregation and Authorization
    OAuth over XMPP - for authorizing service to service access
        * http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0235.html
        * really token generation, up to services (oAuth likely candidate)
        * oAuth irrelevant in the S2S cases
        * oAuth comes into play when delegating to other applications
(like FireEagle or Doppler)

    PubSub
        * how do we associate users with PubSub messages

3) Specialized Data Broadcasting - PEP - APML
    UserTunes
        * are people broadcasting specialized data about their attention?
        * could be abstract this data to allow users to publish many
different types of data?
        * what techs exist out there to handle this already?
            * Atom, APML
    ISS
        * Could an ISS like service be used to publish any kind of
arbitrary data like UserTunes

4) Topics that came up
    Massive Aggregation
    Authorization in the context of xmpp (delegation)
    Personal Broadcasting Attention Data
    Association of users to pubsub messages

I'm sure I missed stuff but that's what I got from skimming the chat logs.

~ Anders