[Social] XMPP specs for TV / media centre remote control

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:41:26 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Dan Brickley<danbri at danbri.org> wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> (Cc:'ing the XMPP Social list, ... to be , well, social. And in case
> others are interested...)
>
> We talked briefly at FOSDEM during the q/a for your presentation on
> the XMPP day. I was wondering if you'd be interested to collaborate on
> specs for remote control APIs mediated by XMPP. I understand you've
> been focussing mainly on cross-cutting infrastructural issues
> (security, device pairing and authentication).

[...]

Quick reply for just saying that here at bluendo we are very
interested in this topic, since we think that  mobile terminals will
become more and more the remote control of anything. Beside
infrastructure and APIs we'd like to focus on user interfaces too,
since we don't think that the approach of building an ad hoc ui for
any type of device is scalable; instead we think that the device
should be able to export the GUI to the mobile, with something similar
to ad hoc commands.

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com