[Social] Fwd: P2P XMPP

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Wed Jul 14 09:17:14 CDT 2010

FYI folks, I just sent this to the GNU Social project's P2P list. See
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Group:GNU_Social/P2P/Design or
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/social-discuss/2010-07/msg00015.html
for more background. Briefly GNU Social is exploring two related
efforts; a StatusNet-based codebase and this exploration of a P2P app.
In the note below I suggest it might make sense to use XMPP in
serverless mode; I'd much appreciate any sanity checks folks here can
offer...

cheers,

Dan