[standards-jig] Checking for implementations

Jeremie jeremie at jabber.org
Wed Apr 17 19:50:47 UTC 2002

> Oh gee, I didn't notice that - does that mean things like the
> conferencing proposals that currently exist have to define this
> behavior? We currently have existing code using this 'standard' relying
> on this feature, within browse - and there isn't an alternate being
> proposed as of yet.

Incorrect, live browsing was never really standardized in any way beyond
the custom uses defined in the context of a particular implementation
(such as the conferencing draft).

The exact wording in the original browse draft was "Live Browsing right
now is used for specific purposes or services, and not a generalized
framework" and didn't offer anything beyond some ideas on how it might
work.

Jer