[standards-jig] JEP-0001 suggested change

Russell Davis rkdavis at burninghorse.com
Thu Aug 1 21:45:20 UTC 2002

while i'm in an emailing mood (trying to find lots of things not to do
:) ) I thought i'd suggest that each JEP has a "Primary" author or
"Current Maintainer" listed to receive all the flack and flames. From my
recent experience in submitting a jep it seems that the process is tuned
for a JEP having one author anyway so it would make sense to physically
display who is mainly responsible for the document even if there are
many coauthors who have contributed to the design of the proposal. On
the whole it is currently possible to work out who is the primary author
by looking at the revisions but it is an untidy way of working it out
and sometimes does not hold true.

This goes hand in hand with the new "no anonymous authors" requirement
and would also make it easier for coauthors to disavow the direction a
JEP is taking whilst retaining credit for the initial idea.

Just a suggestion please send all flames to anyone but me.

bst rgrds
Russell Davis
jid: ukscone at jabber.org