[standards-jig] JANA pt. 2

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Tue Aug 6 00:13:57 UTC 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Robert Norris wrote:
> > As for who?
> >
> > * Ryan Eatmon
> > * Joe Hildebrand
> > * ??? third suggestion here
>
> I'll stick my hand up here - it'd be interesting work.
>
> Rob.

Gee Rob. Sort of stole my thunder there. I was planning to suggest you.

As for my personal opinions on the matter, it sounds like a good idea. I
think it should remain part of JSF for now, and I fail to see why it
would make a difference if it remains this way indefinitely. (Honestly, I
couldn't care either way, but since the JSF is designed to provide
"organizational assistance" for the protocol, I think it falls within
this realm).

That being said, I think Ryan Eatmon, Joe Hildebrand and Rob Norris would
be good candidates for this small committee. It probably wouldn't be a
bad idea to write up a JEP to define the exact role of JANA, as a JEP may
be used to provide "information related to the functioning of the Jabber
Software Foundation."

Cheers.

bs.