[standards-jig] JNG Ramblings.

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Tue Aug 13 15:22:50 UTC 2002

> Get over this notion that I'm dumping XML. I'm not. I'm sprinkling 4
> bytes here and there that vastly simplify things for the machine.
> Everything else that's not a binary attachment is XML.

*sigh* Why are we so worried about the machine? Is performance really that
much of an issue?? Having implemented various ways to deal with Jabber's
"unusual" xml stream implementation, I'd say that doing binary framing would
be just as much work (if not more) for programmers. If you're "sprinkling"
bytes into the XML, then it's simply no longer XML.