[standards-jig] Jabber-IETF mailing list

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Aug 16 22:46:45 UTC 2002

This is a call for participation in the Jabber-IETF mailing list. We've
set this list up as a venue for the Jabber/XMPP Working Group, should the
IESG decide to go forward with a WG. However, until the WG is formed, I
think we can use the list as a place for discussing ways that the Jabber
community can meet some of the requirements that the IETF traditionally
holds to be important. Two that jump out at me are internationalization
(which we've done a poor job of discussing on this list in the form of
JEP-0026) and security. Indeed, the SASL and STARTTLS JEPs (#34 and #35)
were started in early to mid June as a direct result of the current IETF
initiative. So I would like to propose that discussion of i18n, SASL, and
STARTTLS move mostly to the Jabber-IETF list (not saying don't discuss it
here, but I think Jabber-IETF might be the best venue for now).

Also, I've taken the liberty (in my role as evil list admin) to add some
Standards-JIG subscribers to the Jabber-IETF list. If I went too far, feel
free to unsubscribe. :) And I encourage all Standards-JIG subscribers who
are interested in the IETF initiative to subscribe as well. You can do so
here:

Thanks!

Jabber Software Foundation