[standards-jig] Roster behaviour in IETF document

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Sat Aug 17 02:51:40 UTC 2002

In the IETF documents on XMPP Instant Messaging on this spot:

http://www.jabber.org/ietf/draft-miller-xmpp-im-00.html#roster-login

it talks about adding people to your roster. I'm a bit worried about
what I see here. What frightens me (besides the fact that advanced
Jabber AI technology figures out our id naming scheme and tag the
updates with an id="roster_3") is that the result IQ packet is send
*before* the updates to the roster. In practice, thankfully this is
done the other way around, but since this is a pretty official document
does it mean that in the future I can not count on this behaviour?

the CVS version on:

http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ietf/draft-miller-xmpp-
im-00.xml

still has it like this as well.