[standards-jig] Re: [Foundation] streamlining the JIGs

Jeremie jeremie at jabber.org
Tue Feb 26 18:01:06 UTC 2002

> Whoo hoo!  Alright Temas!  Now we've got a coalition...  OK everyone else.
> The vote is 2-2!  Any other voters out there?

Sure, I'll chime in, but probably not very helpfully :)

IMHO at this point what needs to be done in preparing our current and
future JEPs is just a bunch of grunt work.  It's much easier to read a
nicely prepared and thought out specification, than it is to do the work
in creating it, and one often forgets the amount of work it takes to
produce such quality things.  The amount of or lack of process around
doing this won't dramatically help encourage or change how much work has
to be done.

How about we use this list to work our way through the post-RFC list from
stpeter, and focus on getting those JEPs written and published?  Any areas
that will need additional structure should quickly arise in trying to do
this.  I'll commit to the 0k-auth one, and have the presence/invisibility
one to clean up and submit yet as well.  x:expire and x:event are two
great ones for someone who wants to get bootstrapped in creating JEPs,
very simple and straight forward.

So I'm +1 for grunting ;-)

Jer