[standards-jig] Jabber Icons (JEP-0038)

Sebastiaan 'CBAS' Deckers cbas at screaming3d.com
Fri Jul 19 16:16:10 UTC 2002

Chris Josephes wrote:

>SVG should certainly be an option for an image format, but it shouldn't be
>the only acceptable format.  Keep PNG listed as a acceptable format as
>well.
>
>Also, consider the idea I mentioned previously about allowing
>multiple <graphics> tags being specified for the same <icon> to ensure a
>wider client base can handle emoticons.

I'm also in favour of leaving it up to the developer to choose a
dataformat for icons.  The multiple <graphics> tags are a great idea.

For those interested, I created a few sample packages, available at:
http://rhymbox.com/JEP-0038-Jabber_Icons
Adam Theo helped with some changes to the icondef.xml: no more <alt>
tags but multiple <text> tags, file begins with <?xml...>
I'm not an XML expert so if someone could check those files and tell me
if they're ok, I'd appreciate it!

Bye
CBAS