[standards-jig] Pub/Sub for JNG?

Fabrice DESRE - FT.BD/FTR&D/DTL/TAL fabrice.desre at francetelecom.com
Thu May 2 08:23:48 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 20:54, David Waite wrote:

> I still think the best solution to the bandwidth problem (assuming for
> the moment that it is a problem) is a jabber-specific compression
> system, with a default (negotiated) dictionary which is appended by both
>
> sides as traffic continues. Ideally this compression system would also
> be a binary representation of the XML, but this becomes significantly
> difficult with things like prefixed namespaces :-)

 You should take a serious look at the ongoing work on ASN.1/XML mapping
that is available for instance at http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/xml/
ASN.1 supports the use of very efficient binary encoding while having a
powerful schema language to describe your data.
The next results from the ASN.1 people will allow the transport of XML
through the translation of XML schemas to ASN.1 modules.

	Fabrice

--
Fabrice Desré - France Telecom R&D/DTL/TAL
Tel: +(33) 2 96 05 31 43