[standards-jig] Packet Header JEP

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Wed May 22 20:31:07 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 15:50, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I've just published a new standards-track JEP for discussion by the fine
> standards-minded folks on this email list. The JEP describes a protocol
> for packet headers and is intended to supersede the old jabber:x:envelope
> namespace. Check it out here:
>
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0033.html
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter

Joe:
Ok, so why is it that a conforming agent MUST respond to iq:agents, but
only MAY respond to iq:browse? One of the major reasons for iq:browse
was to replace iq:agents, and an effective way to get people to move
forward in adopting iq:browse is to make it the requirement instead of
iq:agents... otherwise, why would I bother implementing browse if
everything requires agent and browse is optional?

Julian
email: julian at jabber.org
jabber:julian at jabber.org