[standards-jig] iq:register required fields

Matt Tucker matt at jivesoftware.com
Wed Apr 2 22:57:06 UTC 2003

Tom,

> I also think one should be able to query the registration
> fields if they are going to be of any use.  I personally have
> dropped putting anything in jabber:iq:register and opted for
> vCard-temp instead, because I can at least do something with a vcard.

Right -- to me, that definitely means that there needs to be some sort of merging of functionality. It's pretty useful to be able to
require a email address or other field during registration, though. Are the options then to:

 1) Provide a way to query for profile information that is collected during registration.
 2) Use vcards for registration somehow?

Regards,
Matt