[standards-jig] couple disco questions

Justin Kirby justin at openaether.org
Sat Feb 1 08:30:26 UTC 2003

I have a couple questions regarding disco....

Can a disco response to a #items query have <item/>'s with jids other
than the queried jid?

>From disco jep:
<iq
    type='get'
    from='romeo at montague.net/orchard'
    to='catalog.shakespeare.lit'
    id='items3'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items' node='music'/>
</iq>

Is this a valid response?:
<iq
    type='result'
    from='catalog.shakespeare.lit'
    to='romeo at montague.net/orchard'
    id='items3'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items' node='music'>
    <item
        jid='byrd-keyboard.shakespeare.lit'
        node='music/byrd-keyboard'
        name='William Byrd - Keyboard Music'/>
    <item
        jid='dowland-first.shakespeare.lit'
        node='music/dowland-first'
        name='John Dowland - First Booke of Songes or Ayres'/>
    <item
        jid='morley.shakespeare.lit'
        node='music/morley-sixteen'
        name='Thomas Morley - Sixteen Canzonets'/>
  </query>
</iq>

If not, it seems that the jid attribute is a bit redundant in that case.

Question #2

Can you query #info to a node? This seems like a reasonable expectation,
however, I do not see this specificied in the jep.

Example:

<iq
    type='get'
    from='romeo at montague.net/orchard'