[standards-jig] more thoughts on voip

Vapor vapor at 66oc.org
Wed Feb 12 03:21:45 UTC 2003

That sounds really good.  So maybe I am beating a dead horse, but I just get the feeling that we are inches away from being able to implement voice but we just havent taken that step to actually do it.  The proxy for voice sounds great, but I guess the rest of my idea with bandwidth throttling and informing the client of an available "slot" would be implementation specific, and may be able to be done by the component/proxy sending a message to the clients involved if no "slots" are available so to speak.

For the proxy service, bandwidth may end up presenting a roadblock.  What if the connectivity to the server is setup using a proxy service but they dont want to allow voice through due to bandwidth restrictions.  What if I use NAT to connect to my jabber server but dont have proxy setup.  I guess I should ask, is the current plan to allow oob setting to be specified as to whether it is proxy or not?

Vapor.